The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Diploma or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, marketing and other trainings in relevant field
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Lao.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to a Head of Unit, Chief, or Procurement Officer.
Job holders at this level are responsible for completion of a range of procurement processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend straightforward courses of action to staff, and may allocate tasks and technically support other staff.
guage, if different.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement processes and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring WFP standard rule and regulation are followed.
2. Manage in bids opening according to the instruction of Procurement Officer
3. Maintaine and monitor all purchase orders to ensure that the delivery is within timeline and received by the counterparts/end users
4. Assist in creating Purchase Order in system and ensure that all procurement documents are filed properly both electronic and hard files
5. Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
6. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
7. Coordinate and provide support to the requesting units to ensure that the necessary information is obtained and ready for procuremnt process
8. perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
|Tendering and Contracting
||Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.
||Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
|Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence
||Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.
|Systems & Reporting
||Utilizes basic understanding of data sources, procurement systems, Corporate Operating System and processes to execute daily tasks.
|Ethics and Compliance
||Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 3 years of working experience in , purchasing, procurement in a variety of materials and services and Administrative support
- Good Procurement skills and knowledge of procurement principles
- Experience in an international organization and/or UN agency is an advantage.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Experience with computer databases, to maintain the procurement records (Words & Excels).
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Lao.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract type: Service Contract
Contract duration: One year with renewal
Duty station: Vientiane
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Opening date: 2 August 2019
Closing date: 15 August 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.