We are looking for a Head of Field Office to be based in Xamneua, Houaphanh Province. He/she will work under the direct supervision of Deputy Country Director and will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the Field Office to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of WFP Field office to ensure effective and efficient programme implementation and monitoring.
- Plan and manage WFP field operations within the area of assignment to ensure effective and efficient delivery of food assistance and that daily operational issues are timely resolved to prevent losses or delays.
- Ensure that allocated resources are used efficiently and are in line with agreed plans, and any deviations are reported to the Country Office.
- Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises and assets in the Field Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed.
- Ensure that timely monitoring and evaluation of activities are conducted and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s operations and performance, with regular and timely submission for Country Office review.
- Build effective and collaborative relations with the local authorities and contribute to the expertise sharing and capacity building for effective preparedness and response to food assistance needs.
- Build and develop partnerships to improve assistance packages, develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, civil societies, beneficiaries and other partners and media engaged in the field of food security
- Supervise and coach a team to ensure high performance and accountability.
Advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
Experience and skill:
- Typically three years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience implementing programme strategies in humanitarian, transition, development contexts, and translating them into implementation modalities and operations.
- Good understanding of project lifecycle, humanitarian principles and tools, programmes and transfer modalities.
- Ability to explain strategies and projects to field counterparts and communicate with local governments and partners clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide technical advice, or mobilise technical expertise, on a range of programmatic, operational and support areas.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff for efficient and effective delivery of results.
- Good understanding of business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Application are required to apply online by 31 January 2019
Requisition ID# 103113
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. WFP is committed to an inclusive working environment which values diversity and has zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment and abuse of any kind.
WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities. WFP supports the use of flexible working arrangements to assist women and men in balancing work and personal responsibilities, translating into effective, efficient and dedicated participation of women and men in the workforce. WFP offers an attractive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents. You can find more information from the link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/laos.htm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that CVs and other documents submitted to WFP cannot be returned.