Cord is an international peace-building NGO with headquarters in the UK, and with programs in Africa and Asia. Cord builds peace through working in partnership with both civil society and governments in development contexts, resulting in the increased capacity of individuals, organisations and societies to further their economic and social development and address human development needs. Cord has a presence in Laos since 2010.
Cord Laos is recruiting a Communications Officer (Lao national)
Duty-station: Vientiane, Lao PDR
Start date: ASAP, latest June 1st
Duration: Full-time, 1 year contract (extendable)
Closing date: April 27, 2018
Main responsibilities include
- Coordinate meetings, events and activities that facilitate Laos civil society networking (in Lao and English)
- Maintain and develop the information posted on the Knowledge & Information System (KIS) website in Lao and English
- Coordinate the development of communication tools and materials
- Ensure joined up working with consortium partners at project level
- Budget management, work plan and report on activities
- University degree in relevant field of study
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of peer learning or network coordination (within Lao civil society sector desirable)
- Experience of planning events including logistical arrangements, budget planning, agenda setting, inviting delegates and event follow up
- Experience of facilitating peer learning activities
- Experience of project coordination including planning activities
- Experience of developing or maintaining online communications or digital learning resources
- Fluency in Lao and English both written and spoken (essential)
- Understanding of organisation development (desirable)
- Commitment to teamwork and working in partnership
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Honesty, humility and integrity
A full job description can be requested from email@example.com.
What we offer:
A position in a committed team, and a gross salary of 6,000,000 LAK per month plus benefits.
How to apply:
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 27th April latest
(stating the job title National Communications Officer in the subject line) with your CV and a motivation letter detailing how you meet the skills we are looking for.