WFP is looking for three Administrative and Finance Associates who will be stationed in following location:
- Xay, Oudomxay province
- Xamneua, Houaphanh
- Bounneua, Phongsaly Province.
She/he will work under the supervision of Head of Field Office and will carry out the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with other offices – Vientiane Country Office, sub offices in the South and Government/other counterparts;
- Extract and input data from various sources such as monthly stock reports, School Profiles, Field Monitoring checklists and internal databases, review for accuracy with other staff;
- Analyze data from WFP’s information systems and report any discrepancies or irregularities to the supervisor;
- Maintain records for expenditures, travel, insurance, procurement and other administrative or logistical systems
- Verify and process requests for expenditure, travel, procurement in accordance with WFP rules and regulations and liaise with Sub-Office staff and Finance Unit as appropriate
- Manage local purchasing; solicit supporting documentation required for procurement;
- Maintain and update office inventory;
- Maintain and file necessary documentation for office vehicle and motorbikes and assets on loan to counterparts;
- Provide advice and guidance to other staff on rules and regulations related to your area of work such as expenditure, travel, procurement and data management.
- Prepare and clear monthly finance advances and petty cash statements
- Prepare correspondence and assist in preparing local partnership agreements
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor Degree in Business/Public Administration, Finance/Accounting, Management, Education, Social Science or other field related to office management and administration
Experience and skills:
- At least five years of progressively responsible work experience, including at least three years in administrative and financial services (i.e. finance, accounting, budget, human resources, travel, procurement, audit and/or other related field).
- Experience working in difficult locations with people of different backgrounds.
- Excellent word processing skills and excel skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information, and to maintain accurate and precise records.
- Use of good judgment in situations including matters requiring sensitivity or on work of a confidential nature.
- General knowledge of UN system, policies, rules, regulations would be an advantage;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Lao.
Application are required to apply online by 21 January 2019
Requisition ID# 103115, 103118, 103138
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. WFP is committed to an inclusive working environment which values diversity and has zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment and abuse of any kind.
WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities. WFP supports the use of flexible working arrangements to assist women and men in balancing work and personal responsibilities, translating into effective, efficient and dedicated participation of women and men in the workforce. WFP offers an attractive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents. You can find more information from the link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/laos.htm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that CVs and other documents submitted to WFP cannot be returned.