programme support Officer
COPE works in partnership with the Centre for Medical Rehabilitation (CMR) to increase access to quality rehabilitation services for people with physical disabilities throughout Lao PDR, focusing on the five rehabilitation centres nationwide (Champasak, Luang Prabang, Savannakhet, Vientiane, Xieng Khouang).
COPE is currently hiring a Programme Support Officer to join COPE starting January 2018. The Programme Support Officer is an administrative role to support all technical programme activities.
- Prepare a wide variety of administrative and financial documents in both English and Lao to support technical programme activities
- Maintain a well-organised filing system for all technical programme activities
- Assist technical team in administrative data and patient statistics for monitoring and evaluation
- Written and verbal translation from Lao to English and English to Lao language for reports, correspondence, training materials, proceedings of seminars and meetings
- Liaise with government partners to ensure COPE-supported activities can take place smoothly
- Maintain updated workplans and submit monthly implementation and expenditure reports
- Contribute to a team-centred working environment to achieve COPE’s goals
This position is for a Lao national and is based in Vientiane with regular travel to the Provincial Rehabilitation Centres in Champasak, Luang Prabang, Savannakhet and Xieng Khouang, and other provinces based on needs. (Full job description available upon request)
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in administration or relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in similar role, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience coordinating with government counterparts
- Excellent written and spoken English and Lao
- Ability to work with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge and commitment to adhere to COPE’s values
- Gender and diversity awareness
- Knowledge and experience in development, social work and/or the disability sector is an advantage
Qualified people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Ms Soukpaseuth Phomphakdy at the address below.
Deadline: 22nd December 2017.
COPE, c/o Centre for Medical Rehabilitation, Khouvieng Road, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel/fax +856 21 218 427, E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.copelaos.org